Surmai fish fry
Preparation time surmai fish fry-40 minutes
Serving-2 to 3
Ingradients for surmai fish fry:
- Surmai fish(washed)-250 gm(you may use Rohu, Katla or Salmon etc)
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Rice flour-1.5 tbsp
- Fine semolina(rava/sooji)-3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-3/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-3 tbsp
- Salt-1 tsp or as per taste
- Add lemon juice, turmeric powder, salt and fish in a bowl, mix it properly.
- Mix it in the way that turmeric and salt is applied evenly on each fish slice.
- Cover it and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Take a plate, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Add ginger garlic paste, mix it properly( you may add 1 tsp of water to mix it).
- Masala paste is ready.
- Take one fish slice and coat it with prepared masala paste from both sides.
- Repeat the process to coat the remaining fish slices.
- Cover the fish and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- In a plate, add rice flour and fine semolina, mix it properly.
- Take one masala coated fish slice and coat it with mixture of rice flour and rava from both sides.
- Repeat the process to coat all the fish slices.
- Heat oil in a pan, once the oil is heated properly, reduce the flame to low.
- Put all the coated fish slices into the pan and fry it for 5-7 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Flip it to fry other side, add few drops of oil, if needed, fry it for 5-7 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Flip it and fry it for one more minute to make it little more crispy, turn off the flame and take it out on the kitchen towel.
- Super tasty surmai fish fry is ready to serve, serve hot with green chutney, lemon and onion slices.