Sweet, Sour, Spicy and Salty Tomato Chutney
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation Time-30 mins
- Tomato (chopped)-500 gm
- Sugar-100 gm
- Jaggery-50 gm
- Kalounji(onion seeds)/mangraila-1 tsp
- Bay leaves-2 to3
- Dry red chilli-3
- Tamarind juice-2 tbsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan.
- Once the pan is heated, add cooking oil into the pan and let the oil heat.
- Add bay leaves, dry red chilli and kalounji seeds into the hot oil and fry it for 10 -15 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes into the pan and cook it on high flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sugar and jaggery into the pan and mix it with tomato.
- Cover the pan and cook it on high flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Open the cover, add tamarind juice and little salt and mix it.
- Cover the pan and cook it on medium heat for another 5-7 minutes.
- Open the cover, mash the tomato with the help of cooking spoon.
- Cover the pan and cook it for another 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off the heat.
- Ready to serve.