tamatar dal recipe
Preparation time for tamatar dal -30 minutes
Ingredients for tamatar dal
- Tuvar Dal (split pigeon peas)-250 gm
- Tomato-5 (300 gm)
- Garlic cloves(peeled)-12 to 13
- Green chilli-2
- Asafoetida (hing)-1/4 tsp
- Dry red chilli-1 to 2
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- Heat a pressure cooker pan, add oil and let it heat properly.
- Add asafoetida, dry red chilli and cumin seeds, fry it for few seconds.
- Add crushed garlic, fry it for a minute on low flame.
- Add chopped tomato, cook it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add washed dal, turmeric powder and mix it properly.
- Add 3 glass of water, green chilli and salt to taste, stir it.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and cook it for 4 whistle on medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and let the cooker cool down completely.
- Open the lid, blend it to make it smoother using a whisk or a dal ghotni.
- Add coriander leaves, tamatar dal is ready to serve.