Traditional Raw Mango Pickle-Aam ka Achar
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
- Raw mango(cut into slices)-1 kg
- Mustard seeds-1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds-1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds-2 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tbsp
- Ajwain (carom seeds)-1 tsp
- Mangrail(Kalonji/Nigella-1/2 tsp
- fennel seed(saunf)-1tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Mustard oil-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp salt into the chopped mango.
- Mix it gently and keep it in the sunlight for 3-4 hours.
- Heat a thick bottom pan, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Roast it for a minute on low flame and turn off the flame(do not roast it for more than a minute).
- Allow the roasted spices to cool a little, grind it into powder.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan, keep it aside and allow it to cool down completely.
- Add the prepared masala powder into the dry mango and mix it properly.
- Add ajwain, mangrail, saunf, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt into the mango and mix it.
- Pour the mustard oil over it and mix it again.
- Mango Pickle is ready to serve.
- Put the prepared pickle (achar) in a clean and dry glass container, cover it with cotton cloth.
- You may add mustard oil and keep it in the sunlight for 2-3 days for best result.