Turai Chutney Recipe-Ridge Gourd Chutney-Dodka Chutney
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time-20 minutes
- Chopped turai/ridge gourd(peeled and washed)-500 gm
- Split Black lentils (urad dal)-1 tsp
- Split bengal gram (chana dal)-1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilli- 2
- Tamarind juice-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Cooking oil-1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan, add oil and let it heat.
- Add whole spices, chana dal, urad dal and fry for a minute on medium flame.
- Add chopped turai/ ridge gourd, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix it, cover the pan and cook it on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the ridge gourd till it tuns soft or half cooked, keep stirring in between.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Put the fried ridge gourd in the blending jar, add tamarind juice.
- Blend it into paste (do not add water), transfer it into a bowl.
- Ready to serve with idli, dosa, rice- daal, sambhar rice etc.