Preparation time for urad dal puri-30 minutes
Ingredients for urad dal puri:
- Split Black gram(Urad dal)-100 gm
- (soak it for 8-10 hours in normal water)
- All purpose flour(maida)-250 gm
- Nigella seeds(kalonji)-1/3 tsp
- Cooking oil for frying
- Sugar(powdered/normal)-1 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Put the soaked urad dal in a grinding jar, add little water and grind it into smooth paste.
- In a big bowl: add plain flour, salt, sugar and kalonji, mix it well.
- Add 3 tbsp of oil/ghee and mix it properly.
- Put urad dal paste and mix it in flour properly.
- Add lukewarm water and knead the flour into smooth dough.
- Once the dough is ready, cover it and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Make small and equal size of balls from the dough.
- Take one dough ball and gently press it, dust it with plain flour and roll it into puri/poori.
- Repeat the process to roll pooris of remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a pan, put the poori in hot oil very carefully.
- Gently press the poori to help it puff, flip it to fry other side.
- Take it out on kitchen towel to extract extra oil from it.
- Repeat the process to fry remaining pooris.
- Urad dal puri is ready, serve hot with your favorite curry/subzi.