Preparation Time-40 minutes
- Rohu fish head(clean and wash it)-1
- Moong dal-150 gm
- Chopped onion-1
- Crushed Garlic-10
- Dry red chilli-2
- Bay leaves-2
- Panch Phoron-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/3 tsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Water-1 and 1/2 glass
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Marinate the fish head with turmeric powder and little salt, keep it aside(10 minutes).
- Turn on the flame and heat a pressure cooker.
- Roast the moong dal for 4-5 minutes in the cooker without oil(without lid).
- Add water, turmeric powder and salt into the cooker and mix it.
- Close the lid of cooker and cook the dal for 2 whistles on high flame.
- Heat a pan, add cooking oil and let it heat.
- Fry the fish head on medium flame from both side for 4-5 minutes.
- Crush the fried head into small Pieces with the help of cooking spoon into the pan.
- Fry the crushed fish head for another 2 minutes and take out from the pan.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan, add panch phoron, dry red chilli and bay leaves.
- Let it fry for few seconds, add crushed garlic and fry it for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and fry the onion till it turns soft.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder into the fried onions.
- Fry the spices for 1-2 minutes then add fried fish head and mix it properly.
- Add the boiled moong dal into the pan, add little water, mix it and let it come to boil.
- Add little salt and garam masala powder, stir it.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Ready to serve with plane steam rice, Jeera Rice or Pulav Rice etc.