Green chilli pickle
Preparation time for green chilli pickle-40 minutes
Ingredients for green chilli pickle:
- Green chilli(medium spicy)-200 gm (wash it and dry it before use)
- Mustard oil-50 gm
- Cumin seeds-1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds-1 tbs
- Mustard seeds-1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds(methi)-1 tsp
- Carom seeds(ajwain)-1/2 tsp
- Nigella seeds(kalonji/mangraila)-1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Salt-1.25 tsp or as per taste
- Remove the stem of green chilli and chop it into small pieces, keep it aside.
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan on low flame, add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Roast the spices for 40-60 seconds on low flame, keep stirring.
- Take it out in a plate and let it cool down a bit then coarsely grind it in a grinder.
- Heat a tadka pan, add mustard oil and let it heat properly.
- Turn off the flame and let the oil cool down completely.
- Add the grounded roasted masala powder in green chilli slices and mix it.
- Add carom seeds, niggella seeds, fennel seeds, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix all the spices properly with the green chilli slices.
- Add oil and mix it properly, green chilli pickle is ready.
- Consume it for up to 2 weeks, keep refrigerated.
Alternate method to preserve green chilli pickle
- Put the prepared green chilli pickle in a clean dry jar, add more oil and cover it with cotton cloth.
- Keep it in sunlight for 2-3 days, this will prolong the life of green chilli pickle.