Khichdi Recipe | आलू गोबी मसाला खिचड़ी | Dal Khichdi Recipe
Preparation Time : 40
Serving : 5
- Rice-1 cup( I have used Kolam rice )
- Split Green Gram (mung dal)-1/2 cup
- Cauliflower(gobi)-100 gm
- Bay leaves- 2
- Red Lentil(masoor dal)-1/3 cup
- Chopped onion-2 (medium)
- Tomato(chopped)-2 (medium)
- Green peas(fresh/frozen)-1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Cooking oil- 5 tbsp
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- In a bowl: add rice and both the dals.
- Add water and soak it for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan, add oil and let it heat.
- Add aloo and gobi , fry it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame and stir it.
- Take it out from the pan and Keep it aside.
- Add oil again to the pan and let it heat properly.
- Add bay leaves and onions and stir it.
- Fry it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame and stir it..
- Add green peas and mix it.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame and stir it.
- Add ginger garlic paste and Cook it for a minute on medium flame, stir it well.
- Add all the spices and mix it well.
- Add tomato Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame (cover the pan).
- open the lid and stir it.
- Add soaked and washed rice and dal , mix well, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add fried aloo and gobi, mix well, then turn off the flame.
- Put fried rice and dal in pressure cooker.
- Add water(850 ml approx.) (I have used 3.5 glass of water), You may use up to 4 glass of water.
- Add salt, mix it well, Close the lid properly.
- Turn on the flame and cook it for one whistle on high flame.
- After one whistle, turn off the flame and let the cooker cool down.
- Open it carefully, stir it.
- You may serve as it is or heat a tadka pan on gas stove.
- Add ghee and let it melt and add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds (you may add hing also) and Turn off the flame.
- Put the tadka into the khichdi very carefully (cover the pan from side)
- Close the lid and leave it for a minute.
- Open the lid and stir it, take it out in a serving bowl, Pour little ghee on top, Khichdi is ready to serve.