Pav Bhaji Recipe-How to Make Pav bhaji-Mumbai style Pav Bhaji
Preparation time-40 minutes
- Potato-2, Cauliflower-1/2, Carrot-1, fresh/frozen green peas-1/2 cup (Boil in pressure cooker for 2 whistle on medium flame)
- Chopped green chilli-2
- Grated garlic-10
- Grated ginger-1 inch
- Finely chopped green capsicum-1 (medium size)
- Finely chopped onion-1 (large size)
- Chopped tomato-3
- Kashmiri red chilli powder- 2 tsp
- Pav bhaji masala (any brand)-2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Butter-2 tbsp
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Pav (bread)
- Mash all the boiled vegetables and keep it aside.
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan, add 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil.
- Add green chilli, ginger and garlic, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add chopped onion and fry the onion till it turns little soft.
- Add chopped capsicum, green peas, chopped tomato and fry it on medium flame for a minute.
- Add little salt to cook the tomato faster, cover the pan and cook it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add kashmiri red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and cook it for a minute.
- Add the boiled mashed vegetables and 1/2 glass of vegetable stock or plain water, stir it.
- Mash the vegetables with potato masher in the pan, check the consistency and add water if needed.
- Add little salt, cover the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes on low flame (keep stirring in between).
- Turn off the flame, garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and butter.
- Toast the pav with little butter on tava from both side.
- Serve with finely chopped onion, lemon slice and pav.