Simple Easy chicken curry
Preparation time easy chicken curry-40 minutes
Ingredients for easy chicken curry:
- Chicken(washed)-600 gm
- Ginger(chopped)-3 inch
- Garlic(peeled)-12 to 15
- Black cardamom(crushed)-1
- Dry red chilli-2
- Bay leaves-2
- Cooking oil-5 to 6 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-3/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1.5 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste or 1.5 tsp
- Coriander leaves-1/3 cup
- Add garlic, ginger, onion and little water in a grinding jar and grind it into thick smooth paste.
- Take out the blended paste and keep it aside.
- Add tomato in the the same grinding jar and blend it into paste, take it out in a bowl.
- Heat little oil in a pan, add chicken and stir it.
- Add 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder and 1/3 tsp of turmeric powder in the chicken.
- Mix it and fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Once the chicken is fried properly, take it out from the pan.
- Add oil in the same pan again, let the oil heat properly.
- Add black cardamom, cumin seeds , bay leaves, dry red chilli and fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Reduce the flame to low and add red chilli powder and turmeric powder, mix it well.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, cook the masala paste for 3-4 minutes on low-medium flame(cover the pan).
- Add tomato paste, mix it and cook it for another 4-5 minutes on low flame(Cover the pan).
- Put fried chicken and salt, mix it and cook it on low-medium flame for 12-14 minutes(over the pan).
- Add 1/2 glass of water (you may adjust the quantity of water) and stir it well.
- Cover the pan and cook it for another 7-8 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Check it with fork whether the chicken is cooked or not, if not then let it cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, add garam masala powder and cover the pan and leave it for a minute.
- Add coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Serve hot with plain steam rice or roti.