Bengali aloo posto
Preparation time aloo posto-30 minutes
Ingredients for aloo posto:
- Potato(peeled, chopped and washed)-4
- Green chilli(chopped)-1
- Nigella seeds(kalonji)/mangraila)-1/2 tsp
- Poppy seeds(khuskhus/posto)-2 tbsp
- Green chilli-2
- Mustard oil-3 to 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Add poppy seeds, green chilli and 3-4 tbsp of water in the grinding jar, grind it into smooth paste.
- Take out the paste and keep it aside for further use.
- Heat a pan, add oil and let it heat properly.
- Add nigella seeds and fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Put potato and fry it for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add green chilli and fry it for 2 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add blended masala paste and salt in the fried potato, mix it properly.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 6-8 minutes on low flame.
- Add 1/2 glass of water and stir it, cover the pan and cook it for 6-8 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Turn off the flame, aloo posto is ready to serve, serve it with plain steam rice.