Preparation time chana dal fry-40 minutes
Ingredients chana dal fry:
- Split bengal gram(chana dal)-250 gm(soaked for one hour in water)
- Chopped onion-1(large)
- Chopped tomato-2(medium)
- Black cardamom(crushed)-1
- Cinnamon(dalchini)-1/3 inch
- Sugar-1/2 tsp(optional)
- Fresh or dry coconut(chopped)-1 tbsp(optional)
- Ginger garlic(grated/paste)-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Dry red chilli-2
- Bay leaves-2
- Asafoetida(hing)-1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves-1/3 cup
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Ghee-2 tbsp
- Add the soaked dal and 2 glass of water(500 ml)in pressure cooker pan.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and Boil it for 2 whistles on high flame.
- After 2 whistles, turn off the flame and let the cooker cool down.
- Heat a pan, add oil and let it heat properly.
- Add black cardamom, cloves, mace, Cinnamon and sugar, fry it for few seconds.
- Add asafoetida, bay leaves, dry red chill and cumin seeds, fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Put ginger garlic paste, mix it and fry it for 1/2 minute on medium flame.
- Add onions and Fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add tomato and cook it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame(cover the pan).
- Put turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix it properly.
- Add boiled dal, coconut and salt in the pan, mix it well.
- Add one glass(250 ml) of water and stir it well, cover the pan and let it come to boil on high flame.
- Put garam masala powder, mix it well and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and ghee.
- Chana dal fry is ready to serve, serve it with jeera rice or plain steam rice.