Louki Ka Halwa | बिना मावा के लौकी का हलवा | Dudhi Halwa | Bottle Gourd recipe | KabitasKitchen
Preparation time-40 minutes
Serving-2 to 3
- Bottle gourd(louki)-1(700 gm)
- Milk(boiled milk)-1 cup (250 ml)
- Sugar-1/3 cup
- Cashew(chopped or crushed)-25 gm
- Cardamom powder(elaichi powder)-1/4 tsp
- Ghee-3 tbsp
Peel the bottle gourd and wash it.
Cut it into 2 or 3 parts and Grate it (you may use fine grater or thick grater).
Do not grate the middle part or seeds (I have used the thick grater to make the process faster).
Repeat the process to grate remaining bottle gourd for ready to make Halwa.
Turn on the flame, heat a pan and add ghee (Let it melt).
Add grated bottle gourd and fry it for 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
Add milk and reduce the flame to low and cook it for 12 -15 minutes (keep stirring in between).
Cover the pan and cook it and stir it.
- Add Sugar and increase the flame to medium to dissolve the sugar fast.
Cook it for 18-20 minutes on low flame (cover the pan)
Open the lid and stir it in between.
Add cardamom powder and cashew.
Add 1 tbsp ghee to enhance the taste.
- Mix it well and Cook it for a minute on medium-high flame.
Turn off the flame and take it out in a serving plate.
Garnish with chopped almonds and your Halwa is ready to serve.