Matar pulao in pressure cooker
Preparation time for matar pulao – 30 minutes
Ingredients for matar pulao:
- Rice-1 glass(200 gm)
- Water-1.25 glass(1 and 1/4 glass)
- Green peas(fresh/frozen)-100 gm
- Bay leaves(tejpatta)-2
- Cinnamon(dalchini)-2 inch
- Green cardamom(crushed)-2
- Black cardamom(crushed)-1
- Cashew-12 to 15
- Ghee or oil-3 to 4 tbsp
- Salt-1/3 tsp
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a pressure cooker pan, add ghee and let it heat.
- Once the ghee is heated, add cinnamon, green cardamom, black cardamom, mace, bay leaves and cashew nuts.
- Fry it for few seconds on medium flame, keep stirring while frying.
- Add green peas, mix it and fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Put soaked rice and fry the rice for 1/2 minute on medium flame, keep stirring while frying.
- Add 1.25 glass of water and 1/3 tsp of salt, mix it well.
- Allow it to come to boil, it takes approximately 1-2 minute on high flame.
- As soon as it starts boiling, close the lid of pressure cooker properly and cook it for two whistles on high flame.
- After two whistles, turn off the flame and let the cooker cool down completely(do not open in between).
- Once the cooker cools down completely, gently open the lid and stir it.
- Matar Pulao is ready, take it out in a serving bowl and serve hot with your favourite curry.
- If you are using fresh peas then fry it for 2 minutes or till the peas becomes little soft.
- Use 1.25 glass of water for 1 glass of rice.