Preparation time for rava ladoo -30 minutes
No. of laddus-16
Ingredients for rava ladoo:
- Rava/sooji/semolina(fine)-150 gms(2 cup)
- Desiccated coconut or fresh grated coconut -50 gm(1/2 cup)
- Sugar or powdered sugar-50 gm(1/2 cup)
- Cardamom powder-1/3 tsp
- Mixed dry fruits-50 gm(1/2 cup)
- Ghee-2 to 3 tbsp
- Milk-50 ml(1/2 cup)
- Condensed milk/mawa/khoya -200 gm
- Heat 2 tbsp gheen in a pan, reduce the flame to low once the ghee has melted.
- Add rava, roast the rava on low flame for 3-4 minutes, keep stirring.
- Add dry fruits and roast it for 2 minutes on low flame, keep stirring.
- Add coconut and roast it for 2 minutes on low flame, keep stirring.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar, mix it and roast it for 2 minutes on low flame,
- Add condensed milk and mix it properly.
- Add milk and mix it till the mixture turns little soft( 30-40 seconds).
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down for a while.
- Grease your palms with ghee and make ladoos while the mixture is a little warm. Caution: Check the temperature before starting to make ladoos.
- Add little warm milk or ghee, if the mixture is too dry while making rava laddoo.
- Rava ladoo is ready to serve (Store it in a airtight container and consume it within 6-8 days).