Restaurant Style Butter Chicken-Murgh Makhani-Chicken Makhani
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time-45 minutes
- Chicken(washed)-500 gm
- Chopped tomato-5(medium)
- Chopped ginger-2 inch
- Green chilli-2
- Garlic cloves (peeled)-10 to 12
- Curd/yogurt- 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream-2 tbsp
- Cashew-13 to 15
- Butter-50 gm or 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Chicken tandoori masala-1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)-1 tsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Add curd, tandoori chicken masala, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder into the chicken.
- Mix it properly and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp of butter and let it melt.
- Add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds,
- Add ginger, green chilli, garlic and cashew, fry it for a minute on low-medium flame.
- Add tomato and fry it on medium flame till it turns little soft(2-3 minutes).
- Turn off the flame and take it out in a blending jar, let it cool down a bit.
- Blend it into thick smooth paste, do not add water.
- Heat oil in pan, add marinated chicken, fry it on medium flame for 7-8 minutes, keep flipping the sides.
- Take out the fried chicken on kitchen towel and keep it aside.
- Heat Butter in a pan, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Mix it and fry the dry spices for a minute on low-medium flame, keep stirring.
- Add the blended masala paste, mix it and cover the pan, cook it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add a glass of water and stir it, increase the flame to high and let it come to boil.
- Once the curry starts boiling, add the fried chicken in the curry and gently mix it.
- Add salt to taste (remember we had used salt earlier as well) and mix it.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 4-5 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add fresh cream and garam masala powder and mix it.
- Cover the pan and cook it on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roast the kasuri methi in a pan for 1/2 minute.
- Rub the roasted kasuri methi on your palm and sprinkle it on the curry.
- Mix it, cover and cook it for another minute on medium flame.
- Turn off the flame, garnish with butter and fresh cream.
- Serve hot with Paratha, Kulcha, Naan etc.