Punjabi Style Chatpata Samosa
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for Samosa-45 minutes
Ingredients for Samosa:
- All purpose flour-200 gm
- Carom seeds(ajwain)-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Potato(boiled)-6 pcs (500 gms approx)
- Fresh/frozen peas-25 gm
- Cashew-10 to 12
- (you may use roasted peanuts instead of cashew)
- Green chilli(chopped)-3 to 4
- Ginger (grated)-2 inch
- Garlic(grated)-10 to 12
- Chat masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder(aamchur)-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for frying and masala preparation
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Add carom seeds, salt and oil(4 tbsp) into the flour, mix it properly.
- Add water and knead the flour into smooth dough( little stiffer than roti dough), cover it and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chilli, grated ginger and garlic, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add green peas, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, crushed cashew and cook it for few seconds.
- Add potato, garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder, chat masala powder, dry mango powder and salt to taste.
- Mix the spices properly and cook it for 2-3 minutes on low flame, keep stirring in between.
- Turn off the flame and add coriander leaves, mix it and let the masala/stuffing cool down completely.
- Make equal size of dough-balls to make samosa, take one dough-ball and dust it with plain flour.
- Roll it into small roti/poori shape and cut it into two equal parts.
- Take one part, apply little water on the edges and join the edges to give it cone shape.
- Fill the prepared cone with stuffing, apply little water on the edges and seal it.
- Repeat the process to make remaining samosas.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai or thick bottom pan, let the oil heat properly.
- Once the oil is heated, reduce the flame to low
- Put 3-4 samosa at a time in hot oil, fry it on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Fry it on low flame till it turns golden brown from both sides, keep flipping in between.
- Once the samosa turns golden brown, take it out on the kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process to fry remaining samosa.
- Samosa is ready, serve hot with green chutney and red chutney.