Soft spongy dhokla recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for soft spongy dhokla -40 minutes
Ingredients for soft spongy dhokla:
- Gram flour(besan)-150 gm(2 cup)
- Ginger and green chilli paste-2 tsp
- Semolina (sooji)-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Sugar-1.5 tbsp
- Fruit Salt (Eno-unflavoured)-1 tsp
- Lemon juice-2 tbsp
- Cooking oil-1 tsp
- Water(lukewarm)-1/2 glass(150 ml)
- Salt to taste
For Tadka or Tempering:
- Green chilli(split)-3
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Asafoetida(hing)-2 pinch
- Sugar-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste-1/3 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Sieve(stain) the gram flour in a bowl, add semolina and sugar, mix it properly.
- Add water and and lemon juice, mix it properly, cover it and leave it for 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, boil 2 glasses of water in a steamer or pan and grease a deep plate or cake tin.
- After 15 minutes, add turmeric powder, ginger, green chilli paste, salt and 1 tsp of oil, mix it well.
- Add fruit salt(eno) on batter, add 1 tbsp of water on fruit salt, mix it for 10-12 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin/plate immediately after mixing it.
- Open the lid of the pan/steamer (after 15 minutes of boiling the water) and place the batter tin/plate inside the pan/steamer.
- Put the lid and cook it for 20 minutes on medium flame (do not open the lid of the pan in between).
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down a bit.
Tadka or tempering:
- Take out the dhokla from pan/tin and cut it into pieces.
- Heat oil in a tadka pan, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, green chilli, curry leaves, sugar and salt.
- Fry it for few seconds, turn off the flame and pour the tadka on the dhokla.
- Garnish with fresh coconut and coriander leaves, soft spongy dhokla is ready to serve, serve with green chutney and red chutney.