Rajasthani Mirchi Vada Recipe
Preparation time for rajasthani mirchi vada-30 minutes
Serving-3 to 4
Ingredients for rajasthani mirchi vada:
- Large Green chilli(bhavnagri mirch)-200 gm
- Gram flour-100 gm
- Boiled potato-3
- Coriander leaves-1/3 cup
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Chopped green chilli-2(optional)
- Fennel seeds(sounf)-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder(aamchur powder)-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Grate/mash the boiled potato in a bowl.
- Add garam masala powder, red chilli powder, coriander leaves, fennel seeds, dry mango powder, green chilli and salt.
- Mix it properly, stuffing is ready.
- Slit the chilli lengthwise and remove all the seeds.
- Take one chilli at a time and stuff the prepared aloo masala inside.
- Repeat the process to stuff the remaining chillies.
- In a bowl: add gram flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and little salt, mix it.
- Add water to make thick batter, add ginger garlic paste and stir it well.
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan on high flame, add sufficient oil and let it heat.
- Once the oil is heated properly, reduce the flame to medium.
- Coat the stuffed chilli with gram flour batter and gently drop into the hot oil.
- Fry it on medium flame till it turns golden brown, keep flipping in between.
- Take it out on the kitchen towel to absorb extra oil, repeat the process for frying remaining stuffed chillies.
- Rajasthani Mirchi vada is ready to serve with tomato ketchup or red chutney.