Preparation time for stuffed bhindi -30 mins
Ingredients for stuffed bhindi
- Bhindi/okra (lady finger)-250 gm
- Gramflour (besan)-3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder (aamchur powder)-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Crushed garlic and green chilli or paste-1 tbsp
- Cooking oil-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash the bhindi and let it dry, slit it for stuffing.
- In a bowl: Mix all the ingredients except bhindi, cumin seeds and oil (do not add water).
- Gently stuff the bhindi with prepared masala one at a time and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add cooking oil and let it heat.
- Add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds, simmer the flame.
- Add the stuffed bhindi one by one in the pan.
- Cover the half of the pan and cook it on low flame for 6-8 minutes.
- Keep stirring or tossing in between.
- Cover the pan and cook it for a minute on low-medium flame.
- Fry it for 30 seconds on high flame to make it crispy, keep tossing/stirring.
- Turn off the flame,
- Stuffed bhindi is ready to serve.