Vada pav fried and non-fried recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time vada pav-45 minutes
Ingredients for vada pav:
- Boiled potato-6
- Gram flour(besan)-150 gm
- Curry leaves-8 to 10
- Green chilli-4
- Ginger-2 inch
- Garlic cloves-8 to 10
- Coriander leaves-1/3 cup
- Asafoetida(hing)-1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/3 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/3 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Baking soda-1/4 tsp(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for frying
- Green chutney-2 tbsp
- Peanuts garlic chutney-1 tbsp
- Green chilli(slit)-4
Masala Preparation for vada pav-
- Add ginger, garlic and green chilli in a grinding jar and grind it into paste.
- Mash the boiled potato and keep it aside for further use.
- Heat a pan, add oil and let it heat properly.
- Add hing, curry leaves, cumin seeds and mustard seeds, fry it for few seconds.
- Put blended paste and fry it for for a minute on medium flame.
- Add mashed potato, salt and coriander leaves, mix it and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Make small size ball from the mixture and keep it aside.
Batter preparation Vada pav:
- In a bowl: add gram flour, baking soda, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and little salt, mix it.
- Add water to make semi-thick batter.
Frying process Vada pav:
- Turn on the flame, heat sufficient oil in a pan
- Coat the prepared potato balls with gram flour batter and gently put it into the oil.
- Fry it on medium flame till it turns golden brown, keep flipping in between.
- Take it out on kitchen towel to absorb extra oil, repeat the process for frying remaining vada.
Note-you may make the vada in appe/appam pan instead of frying as shown in the video.
- Take a pav bread and slice it from the middle.
- Apply green chutney and red chutney inside the pav bread.
- Put one fried vada inside the pav, vada pav is ready to serve, serve it hot with fired green chilli.