Aloo curry recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4719
Preparation time for aloo curry-30 minutes
Ingredients for aloo curry
- Boiled potato-500 gm
- Chopped tomato-2 (medium)
- Chopped onion-2 (medium)
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-3 to 4 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chop the potato into small-medium size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, when oil is heated properly, add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions, fry it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Fry it for a minute on low flame, keep stirring.
- Add chopped tomato, fry the tomato for 3-4 minutes on low-medium flame(cover the pan).
- Add potato, salt and dry mango powder in the pan and mix it properly.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add 1.5 glasses of water, mix it and cover the pan, cook it for 3-4 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add garam masala powder and mix it, cover the pan and cook it for another minute.
- Turn off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves, aloo curry is ready to serve, serve with roti, poori, paratha or kachori.