Chilli Paneer Dry and Chilli Paneer Gravy-Paneer Chilli Dry and Gravy
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time-30 minutes
- Paneer/cottage cheese (cut into cubes)-100 gm
- Onion (Chopped in square shape)-1/2
- Green pepper(Chopped in square shape)-1/2
- Red pepper(Chopped in square shape)-1/2
- Yellow pepper(Chopped in square shape)-1/2
- Green chilli (slit)-4
- Garlic cloves (chopped)-12
- Cornflour-1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Soy sauce-2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup-1 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder-2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
For chilli paneer dry-
- In a bowl: add paneer cubes, 1/2 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder and 1 tsp cornflour.
- Mix it properly so that a coat of corn flour and chilli is created on paneer.
- Turn on the flame and heat a frying pan.
- Add cooking oil into the pan and let the oil heat.
- Add coated paneer cubes into the oil, fry it for 2 minutes on medium heat (shallow fry).
- Take out the fried paneer on kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.
- Add chopped garlic into the same pan(use the oil which was earlier used for frying paneer cubes) and fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and fry it for 30 seconds on high flame.
- Add all chopped peppers (green, yellow and red) and fry it for a minute on high flame.
- Add 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, green chilli, soya sauce and tomato ketchup into the pan and mix it.
- Add 1 tsp cornflour into a bowl with 4 tbsp of water, mix it well and put it into the pan.
- Add fried paneer cubes into the pan and little salt, cook it for 30 seconds on medium flame.
- Add chopped spring onion, mix it and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with a bit of finely chopped spring onion and serve it hot as a starter.
*Note-I am going to use half of the chilli paneer dry to make chilli paneer gravy.
For paneer chilli gravy –
- Turn on the heat and put half quantity of prepared chilli paneer dry into the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of cornflour and 1/3 glass of water together, mix it well.
- Put the batter(cornflour and water) into prepared chilli paneer.
- Add little salt and let it boil for a minute.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with finely chopped spring onion.
- Ready to serve with fried rice, pulav and noodle etc.