Easy chole masala recipe in pressure cooker
Preparation time for easy chole masala -40 minutes
Ingredients easy chole masala:
- Chickpeas(chole/kabuli chana)-250 gms(Soak it in normal water for 7-8 hours or overnight)
- Chopped onion-4(medium)
- Chopped tomato-2(large)
- Garlic cloves(peeled)-10 to 12
- Chopped ginger-2 inch
- Whole garam masala(Bay leaves, black cardamom, green cardamom,cinnamon, mace(javitri)
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 to 1.5 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste or 1.5 tsp
- Chole masala(any brand)-1.5 tsp
- Cooking oil-5 tbsp
- Coriander leaves-1/3 cup
- Put the ginger, garlic and onion in the grinding jar and grind it into smooth paste(Add little water if needed).
- When paste has become smooth, take it out from the jar.
- Put the tomato in the grinding jar and grind it into paste(do not add water).
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker pan, add whole garam masala and cumin seeds.
- Fry it for few seconds on medium flame and then reduce the flame to low.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix it and cook it for few seconds on low flame.
- Add ginger, garlic and onion paste, cover the lid(without whistle) and cook it for one minute on medium flame.
- Put cumin powder, coriander powder and chole masala, mix it properly.
- Cover the lid(without whistle) and cook it for 1/2 minute on medium flame.
- Add tomato paste, cover the lid(without whistle) and cook it for one minute on medium flame.
- Add soaked chickpeas, mix it and cover the pan, cook it for a minute on low flame.
- Put 1.5 glass of water and salt, stir it well and close the lid of pressure cooker properly.
- Cook it for 5 whistles on low-medium flame.
- After five whistles, turn off the flame and let the pressure cooker cool down completely.
- Open it carefully and add coriander leaves, mix it well.
- Easy chole masala is ready to serve, serve it hot with jeera rice, plain rice, poori or paratha.