Egg curry recipe
Preparation time for egg curry: 30 minutes
Serving : 3
Ingredients for egg curry:
- Egg(boiled and peeled)-6
- Onion chopped-3
- Tomato chopped-2
- Green chilli(slit)-1
- Cumin seeds-1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds-1 tsp
- Black paper whole-1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf-2
- Ginger chopped-1 inch
- Garlic chopped- 15 cloves approx
- Turmeric powder-2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Grind the chopped onion(1 large), cumin seeds(1 tsp), coriander seeds(1 tsp), chopped ginger, garlic cloves and whole black paper into a smooth paste.
- Marinate the egg by adding turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil (1 tbsp) in a pan,add eggs and fry till it get light brown.
- Heat oil(2 tbsp) in the same pan, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, green chilli and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onions and fry till it turns slightly golden.
- Put turmeric powder, red chilli powder in the onions, chopped tomatoes and cook it until it turn soft.
- Add the masala paste in the pan and fry till the oil starts separating from the masala.
- Put 2 cups of water in the pan and let it come to boil.
- Add fried eggs and salt in the gravy and reduce the flame and cook it for 4-5 mins.
- Add garam masala and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, egg curry is ready to serve, serve it hot with roti or rice.