Preparation time for gajar halwa- 50 minutes
Ingredients for gajar halwa recipe
- Carrot (grated)-1.5 kg
- Sugar-200 gm
- Milk-300 ml
- Chopped cashew nut-25 gm
- Chopped almond-25 gm
- Ghee-2 to 3 tbsp
- Heat a pan, add ghee and let it melt.
- Add grated carrot, mix it and cook it for 20-25 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Increase the flame to high and cook it for 8-10 minutes, keep stirring.
- Reduce the flame to medium and add milk, mix it properly.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 20 minutes on low flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add sugar, chopped dry fruits and mix it.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 10-15 minutes on low flame, keep stirring in between.
- Increase the flame to medium and cook it for 2-3 minutes, keep stirring continuously.
- Turn off the flame, take it out in a serving plate.
- Garnish with cashew, almond and pistachio.
- Gajar halwa is ready to serve.