Methi Lachha Paratha(wheat)-Healthy Lunch Box Recipe for Indian Kids
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time-20 minutes
- Wheat flour-3 cup
- Finely chopped methi leaves(fenugreek leaves)-1 cup
- Ajwain seeds(carom seed)-1 tbsp
- Salt-1 tsp or as per taste
- cooking oil/ ghee
- Add ajwain seeds, salt and oil/ghee into the wheat flour, mix it.
- Add required water into the flour and knead it into chapati dough.
- Take a small portion of prepared dough and roll into ball shape, dust it with little flour.
- Roll it to make chapati, apply little flour again and roll it.
- Apply oil/ghee all over on the chapati (only one side), sprinkle flour on the oily side.
- Pleat it like a paper fan, roll the pleated dough in a circle, join the edges.
- Dust some flour and now start rolling again into chapati.
- Heat tawa, Place the lachha paratha on hot tawa.
- After 30 seconds, flip it and apply oil /ghee all over.
- Flip again and apply ghee on the other side.
- Press the sides with the spatula till the parathas are browned evenly and well cooked.
- Take out on the serving plate, apply same process for the reamining dough.
- Ready to serve with any curry, raita and pickle.