Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe-Restaurant Style Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe Step by Step
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4786
Preparation time-90 minutes
Serving-4 to 5
- Basmati rice (long grain)-400 gm
- Mutton (washed)-500 gm
- Onion-5 (large)
- Curd-400 gm
- Green chilli-3
- Chopped mint leaves-50 gm
- Chopped coriander leaves-50 gm
- Mace (javitri)-2
- Cloves (lavang)-5 to 6
- Cinnamon-4 inch
- Black cardamom (crushed)-2
- Green cardamom( crushed)-5
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tbsp
- Ghee-4 tbsp
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Shahi jeera-1 tsp
- Shahi biryani masala-25 gm/4 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Mutton Cooking process:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker pan, add shahi jeera and fry it few seconds.
- Add half of the whole garam masalas and fry it for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder,cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and stir it.
- Add washed mutton and 1/2 tsp salt, fry it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Cover the lid and cook it for one whistle on medium flame.
- Once the pressure cooker cool down, take it out in bowl.
Mutton Marination process:
- Add green chilli, half of the mint and 1/3 of the coriander leaves in the half cooked mutton.
- Add 1/3 of the fried onion, ginger garlic paste, curd, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, shahi biryani masala powder and salt to taste.
- Mix it properly and keep it in refrigerator for an hour.
Onion Fry process:
- Heat oil, deep fry the finely chopped onions till it turns golden brown.
- Take out the fried onion on the kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.
- Put 2.5 litre of water in a pan, let it come to boil.
- Add washed rice, 1 tsp ghee, 4 green cardamom, 3 black cardamom, 1 javitri, 1 inch cinnamon stick , 1/2 tsp salt into the rice.
- Mix it gently, cover the pan and let it come to boil.
- When the rice starts boiling, check the rice, it should be 40-50% cooked.
- Turn off the flame and drain the rice properly (you may remove the whole spices).
Biryani Layer preparation:
- Take out the marinated mutton from the refrigerator.
- Take a deep and thick pan, put the marinated mutton on the base of the pan.
- Put little fried onion on it, spread it evenly.
- Put 1/2 of the half-cooked rice on it, spread it evenly.
- Add little fried onion, coriander leaves, mint leaves and ghee again to make second layer.
- Put the remaining rice on it, add saffron soaked milk on the half part of the rice.
- Add 1 tsp food colour on the other part of rice ( you may add kewra water and rose water for restaurant style aroma).
- Sprinkle remaining fried onion, coriander leaves and mint leaves on it.
- Spread 1 tbsp ghee again and cover the pan.
- Make a stiff dough of wheat flour to seal the edges of biryani pot.
- Seal the edges of the pot properly so that steam does not come out when we cook it.
- Turn on the flame and reduce the flame to medium, put the sealed biryani pot on the flame.
- Cook it for 7-8 minutes on medium flame then reduce the flame to low.
- Cook it for 7 minutes on low flame, turn on the other flame and heat a tawa.
- Once the tawa is heated, transfer the biryani pot on it.
- Cook it on tawa on low-medium flame for 8 minutes.
- Reduce the flame to low and cook it for another 15 minutes on tawa.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cook down a little
- Cut the edges of dough carefully, do it very carefully to avoid the burn from the steam.
- Ready to serve with raita or mirchi ka salan, you may garnish it with onion and lemon slices.