Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for shakkarpara -40 minutes
Ingredients for shakkarpara:
- All purpose flour(maida)-200 gm
- Powdered sugar-125 gm
- Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- Rava/semolina/sooji-3 tbsp
- Ghee/oil-3 tbsp
- Cooking oil for frying
- Milk or water for kneading
- In a mixing bowl: add plain flour, powdered sugar, add cardamom powder, semolina and ghee, mix it properly.
- Add milk and knead the flour into dough, leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Take a big portion of dough and roll into ball shape, roll it into thick chapati shape.
- Cut it into diamond or square shape using knife.
- Remove the corner pieces and gently take it out in a plate.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan, put the shakkarpara into the hot oil carefully.
- Fry it on medium flame till it turns golden, keep flipping.
- Take it out on the kitchen towel, remaining the process to fry remaining shakkarpara.
- It is ready to serve, store it in a airtight container and consume it within 2 weeks.