Stuffed Snake Gourd-Snake gourd Recipe-Stuffed Padwal
Preparation time-40 minutes
- Snake gourd pieces-7 (Each 4-5 inch)
- Finely chopped onion-1
- Roughly chopped onion-1/2
- Chopped ginger-2 inch
- Garlic cloves (peeled)-15
- Cumin seeds-1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds-1 tsp
- Whole black pepper-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/3 tsp
- Dry mango powder (aamchur powder)-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil-5 tbsp
- In a blending jar: add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, whole black pepper, roughly chopped onion, ginger and garlic.
- Blend it into thick paste using 2-3 tbsp of water, keep it aside.
- Remove the inner part (i.e. seeds) of the snake gourd with knife (keep the seeds for further use).
- Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp cooking oil and let the oil heat properly.
- Add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry it till it turns little soft.
- Mash seeds of snake gourd with hand and add to to frying pan, add blended masala paste, stir it.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, garam masala and salt to taste.
- Fry the masala on low flame till oil is separated from it (cover and cook).
- Turn off the flame and let the fried masala paste cool down completely.
- Gently fill the snake gourd pieces with the prepared masala paste.
- Heat a pan, add 3 tbsp cooking oil and let the oil heat.
- Put all the stuffed snake gourds into the pan, cover the pan and cook it on slow flame.
- Cook it on slow flame for 8-10 minutes (keep flipping in between to cook all sides of snake gourd).
- Turn off the flame and take it out on the kitchen towel.
- Ready to serve with Rice daal, chapati, paratha, puri etc.