Super Tasty Pomfret Fish Fry-Masala Fried Pomfret Recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time-50 minutes
- Pomfret fish (washed)-2
- Green chilli-3
- Garlic cloves(peeled)-10 to 12
- Ginger chopped-2 inch
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/3 tsp
- Tandoori chicken masala powder-1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Lemon juice-2 tbsp
- Gram flour-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for fry
- Clean pomfret fish and make small slits both sides to allow spices to stuff.
- Make a paste of green chilli, chopped ginger, garlic cloves and little water using blender.
- In a big bowl, add turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder and tandoori chicken masala powder.
- Add lemon juice into the masala powder and mix it properly.
- Stuff the prepared masala inside the cuts which you did on the both sides of fish.
- Add gram flour and 1 tbsp water into the remaining paste and mix it.
- Coat the fish with remaining masala paste and keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Turn on the flame, heat a frying pan
- Add sufficient oil into the pan and heat it more than normal frying temperature.
- Put a masala coated fish into the hot oil and fry it on high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce the flame to medium and fry it on medium heat for another 3-4 minutes.
- Flip it to fry other side, fry till it turns brown from both sides.
- Take out on kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.
- Garnish with raw onion rings and lemon slice, serve hot.