Chicken Bhuna with Onion and Whole Spices/ Chicken Khada Masala Recipe / Murg Khada Masala
Preparation time-45 minutes
- Washed Chicken (with bones)-600 gm
- Chopped onions-6 (medium size)
- Onion pieces (cut into 4 or 6 pcs)-2
- Garlic cloves (peeled)-50 gm
- Chopped ginger -50 gm
- Bay leaves-3
- Dry red chilli-5
- Black cardamom-2
- Dalchini(cinnamon stick)-1 inch
- Cumin seeds-1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds-1 tbsp
- Whole black pepper-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-2 tsp
- Mustard oil/any cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Crush the javitri, laung, black cardamom and cinnamon stick together and keep it aside.
- Crush the coriander seeds and cumin seeds and keep it aside.
- Crush half of the garlic (25 grams) cloves and whole chopped ginger.
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan, add mustard oil into the pan and let it heat.
- Add bay leaves, dry red chilli into the hot oil and fry it for 5-7 seconds.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crackle, add crushed coriander seeds and crushed black pepper into the pan.
- Add crushed garam masala (dalchini, laung,elaichi,javitri) and fry it for a minute.
- Add whole garlic cloves and onion pieces and fry it for one more minute.
- Add crushed garlic and crushed ginger and cook it for 1-2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix it with other fried spices.
- Add chopped onions and 1 tsp salt together and fry the onions till it turns light brown on medium heat(cover the pan).
- When the onions get half cooked(it has turned light brown), add chicken and salt to taste and mix it properly with onions and other spices.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 30-35 minutes on medium heat or low heat (Stir in between to prevent burn).
- After thirty minutes, add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Ready to serve with Paratha, chapati or roti.