Coconut Chutney-Coconut Chutney for Idli dosa
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time-15 minutes
- Fresh coconut-100 gm
- Roasted Split Bengal gram(chana dal)-2 tbsp
(roast it for 2-3 minutes on low flame)
- Green chilli-1 to 2
- Chopped ginger- 1inch
- Curry leaves-10 to 12
- Split Black gram-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilli-2
- Cumin seeds-1/3 tsp
- Asafoetida-1 pinch
- Cooking oil-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- In a Grinding jar: add coconut, roasted split bengal gram, green chilli, ginger and salt to taste.
- Add little water and grind it till it turns into thick smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl.
- Heat a tadka pan, add oil and let it heat properly.
- Add dry chilli, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and urad dal, fry it on low flame for a minute.
- Add asafoetida and curry leaves to the tadka, fry it for few seconds.
- Turn off the flame and pour the tadka on blended coconut paste carefully, mix it well.
- Ready to serve with idli, dosa or vada etc.