Vegetable Dalia(cracked wheat) Khichdi
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4719
Dalia/broken wheat/bulgar wheat/lapsi- 1/2 cup
Moong dal or any lentils-1/4 cup
Sprouted moong beans or any sprouted beans-1/4 cup
Spinach chopped-50 gm
Fresh or frozen peas-50 gm
Asafoetida (hing)-2 pinch
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee or cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Turn on the heat and put pressure cooker on it, let the cooker heat.
- Add ghee into the cooker and let it heat. Add hing, cumin seeds and chopped garlic and fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry it till it turns light brown, add chopped carrot and chopped turiya into the pan and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and green peas and cook it for another 3-4 minutes (cover the cooker without whistle and cook).
- Add chopped tomato and sprouted moong beans and mix it in fried vegetables.
- Add washed moong dal, washed dalia into the pan and mix it.
- Add turmeric powder, add salt to taste and mix it with vegetables.
- Add 1 and 1/2 glass of water and stir, Cover the cooker and boil it till 3-4 whistle on high heat.
- After four whistle, simmer the heat and cook it for another five minutes on low heat.
- Turn off the heat and wait till pressure cooker’s temperature cools down.
- Ready to serve(Blend the dalia for young child).