Fried modak with dry fruits
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4719
Preparation time fried modak-30 minutes
Ingredients for fried modak:
- All purpose flour(maida)-250 gm
- Sugar or powdered sugar-50 gm
- Dry coconut-50 gm
- Dry dates/chuhara (deseeded)-50 gm
- Cashew-50 gm
- Cardamom powder-1/3 tsp
- Cooking oil or ghee for frying
- In g grinder, add dry coconut, dry dates, cashew, sugar and cardamom powder and coarsely grind it.
- Knead the flour with water and make soft and smooth dough.
- Make equal size small dough balls, take one ball at a time, dust it with dry flour and roll it into thin poori shape.
- Put 1 tbsp of mixture at the centre of the poori, apply little water on the edges.
- Bring the edges together and seal it properly, remove the extra dough from the top.
- Roll it into your palms to give it modak shape or you may use modak mould.
- Repeat the process to make modak from remaining dough, modaks are ready to fry.
- Heat oil in a pan, drop a dough ball to check the temperature of oil.
- Put 3-4 modaks at a time in hot oil and fry it on low-medium flame till it turns light golden.
- Once modaks turn light golden, take then out on the kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process to fry remaining modaks.
- Fried modaks are ready to serve, store it in air tight jar and consume it within 4-5 days.